In our last blog post, we discussed the topic of date codes on quartz crystals. We looked at how irresponsible QA procedures by some manufacturers, distributors and customers can create significant environmental waste and added costs by rejecting components that are over two years old – a misguided requirement that certain companies have sought to implement. Quartz crystals, which today are almost always housed in hermetically sealed packages, do age a little. Their series-resonance frequency may change by a few parts per million over a period of years and this will be due, principally, to minute increases in the crystal’s mass, due to deposition of impurities inside its packaging that adhere to the crystal’s surface. The better the quality control during manufacturing, the lower the level of impurities and the less the change in frequency. Such changes are also affected by… Read Full Blog Post
- New range of Automotive Clock Oscillators to AEC-Q200 & TS16949 21st October 2015
- IQD extends distribution network with Arrow Electronics across the Americas 2nd September 2015
- New miniature OCXO from IQD measures only 9.7 x 7.5mm 25th August 2015
- IQD introduce new high frequency, low jitter clock oscillator 8th July 2015
- New miniature Low Power TCXO/VCTCXO launched by IQD at IMS 2015 19th May 2015
As a previous division of Rakon, IQD maintains a close partnership as a worldwide channel partner supplying Rakon’s specialist high performance oscillators alongside our own range. Rakon’s world leading timing solutions are particularly suitable for synchronising connectivity in telecom and network infrastructure, GPS positioning and satellite applications.
IQD is also a global authorised distributor for Statek Corporation’s highly specialised photolithographic process based quartz crystals, oscillators and sensors that offer very high environmental performance particularly suitable for military, avionic and ‘down-hole’ applications.