Most design engineers don't look at the crystal until the rest of the components are designed in by which time it is far too late ….
So you have been tasked with designing a new piece of electronic gadgetry and know that you need to use some type of microprocessor or microcontroller to achieve your end aim. You then begin the possibly arduous task of selecting the appropriate device based on the features required plus the usual constraints of cost, cost, cost and lead-time. Eventually you reach a decision based on many factors including the architecture; will I need an 8bit, 16bit or 32bit device? What interfaces will the system need, USB, I2C, UART, SPI? What hardware will be needed, LEDs, sensors, buttons, speakers? However critical all of the above are in the scheme of the design phase, one small and seemingly… Read Full Blog Post
- Ultra Miniature TCXO from IQD measure only 1.6 x 1.2mm 19th October 2016
- Mouser Electronics and IQD Frequency Products Sign Global Distribution Agreement 12th October 2016
- IQD Sign New Rep 3rd October 2016
- Ultra low phase noise, low jitter clock oscillator 21st September 2016
- IQD launch new AEC-Q200 qualified ultra-miniature clock oscillator for industrial & automotive applications 23rd August 2016
As a previous division of Rakon, IQD maintains a close partnership as a worldwide channel partner supplying Rakon’s specialist high performance oscillators alongside our own range. Rakon’s world leading timing solutions are particularly suitable for synchronising connectivity in telecom and network infrastructure, GPS positioning and satellite applications.
IQD is also a global authorised distributor for Statek Corporation’s highly specialised photolithographic process based quartz crystals, oscillators and sensors that offer very high environmental performance particularly suitable for military, avionic and ‘down-hole’ applications.