The power consumption of electronic devices is often an issue for design engineers especially when working with battery operated equipment whereby the total power consumption has to be minimised so that the battery used has sufficient life to make it practical for its intended application. However, there has been a relatively recent trend with regards to oscillator manufacturers’ specifications that are advertised as ‘low-power’. In order to show what is considered as low current-limit values, manufacturers’ are often using what could be considered as ‘poetic-licence’ where current limits are specified under ‘no-load’ test conditions. This apparent ‘low-power marketing is misleading as the… Read Full Blog Post
- New ultra-low jitter clock oscillator for defence & aerospace applications 19th May 2017
- IQD’s New Miniature VCTCXO launched at Embedded Show delivers class leading frequency stability 13th March 2017
- Ultra-Miniature Watch Crystal for IoT Applications 27th February 2017
- Low Phase Noise Rubidium Atomic Oscillator Module 11th January 2017
- Electronica launch for IQD’s tight stability TCXO 11th November 2016
As a previous division of Rakon, IQD maintains a close partnership as a worldwide channel partner supplying Rakon’s specialist high performance oscillators alongside our own range. Rakon’s world leading timing solutions are particularly suitable for synchronising connectivity in telecom and network infrastructure, GPS positioning and satellite applications.
IQD is also a global authorised distributor for Statek Corporation’s highly specialised photolithographic process based quartz crystals, oscillators and sensors that offer very high environmental performance particularly suitable for military, avionic and ‘down-hole’ applications.