Pluto™ Temperature Compensation
Pluto™ temperature compensation technology powers miniature TCXOs
Temperature is an important factor when specifying the stability of crystal oscillators. By compensating for the effects of temperature on the oscillation frequency of the crystal, a TCXO can exhibit up to 100 times better stability over its operating temperature range than a comparable uncompensated oscillator.
The trend in systems design is towards ever smaller component size and power requirement, without sacrificing performance.
Pluto™ is a proprietary analogue temperature compensation technology that enables high-stability TCXOs (temperature compensated crystal oscillators) to be made more compact, more versatile, at lower cost and to operate at lower voltage and higher frequency than previously available devices.
Pluto™ technology is well suited to all markets using TCXOs, enabling:
- Low-cost, high-stability applications
- Frequency stability down to ±0.14 ppm (over –40°C to +85°C temperature range)
- Wide operating temperature range — up to –55°C to +125°C — in small package
- Surface mountable devices: 5 x 3 x 2 mm to 14 x 9 x 6.1 mm
- Down to 2.4 V supply voltage
™ - Pluto is a registered trademark of Rakon Limited.