IQD launches new low phase noise and low power clock oscillator
Posted: 13th November 2012
IQD’s new CFPS-115 crystal clock oscillator offers two key features; low phase noise and low current consumption. At 40.0MHz the phase noise performance is -80dBc/Hz at 10Hz offset and -145dBc/Hz at 1kHz offset, figures which are around 5dBc better than similar design parts. In addition, the new model offers low power consumption of around only 7mA; this compares with a normal SMD oscillator where current consumption would typically be around 20mA at 32.0MHz.
The device is available at any frequency between 26.0MHz and 44.0MHz and offers a standard 45/55% duty cycle HCMOS output. Operating from a standard 3.3V source the device also has tri-state capability which enables the unit to be isolated in circuit for operations such as in-circuit fault finding. This new model is housed in a 2.5 x 2.0 x 0.8mm hermetically sealed ceramic package incorporating a metal lid, the use of which aids in the reduction of EMI radiation. Operating over a wide temperature range of –40 to +85°C the device can be specified down to a stability of ±30ppm.
The CFPS-115 is a very versatile oscillator designed to be used in a myriad of applications such as computing, aviation, data logging and monitoring equipment where low phase noise and low power are critical to the end product performance.
Further details will be available at the IQD stand 314 in Hall B5 at Electronica 2012.
Images (Right click to save)
Tags for this post:
- IQD extends distribution network with Arrow Electronics across the Americas
- New miniature OCXO from IQD measures only 9.7 x 7.5mm
- IQD Signs new Rep in New England
- Quartz crystal stability: how myths and misconceptions mask good value
- IQD introduce new high frequency, low jitter clock oscillator
- A short primer on AT-cut quartz crystals
- Expanding Rep Network in USA for IQD
- IMS 2015
- New miniature Low Power TCXO/VCTCXO launched by IQD at IMS 2015
- IMS 2015
- Engineering Design Show 2012
- IQD launches new series of fast make programmable oscillators with class leading phase jitter performance
- IQD introduces ground-breaking new quartz crystal range that delivers significant space and cost saving
- Major investment in IQD FOQ GmbH by leading Asian frequency products manufacturer Hong Kong X’tals Ltd
- IMS 2012
- IQD Launches New High-Temperature, High-Shock Clock Oscillator
- IQD to Support ONE-NET Open-Source Wireless Control Standard
- New French Office for IQD Frequency Products
- IQD launches new range of ultra-miniature SAW Filters
- IQD launch new tight stability ‘Real Time Clock’ at Embedded World 2012